UAC Foods Limited is a joint venture business between UACN PLC and Tiger Brands of South Africa operating in the food sector of the economy is a leading producer of Snacks, Beverages and Ice cream. Our brands include Gala Sausage Roll, Funtime Coconut Chips, Groundnut chips and Cupcake, SWAN Natural Spring Water and Supreme Ice Cream.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Automation Technician, Swan
Location: Kerang, Plateau
- To establish, plan and ensure the execution of acceptable standard of engineering maintenance practice for the plant, making them available for optimum utilization, and efficiency.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading all automation initiatives of the site.
- Ensuring regular calibration of all measuring instruments and in compliance with all statutory requirements by Weights and Measures.
- Assisting and delivering improvement projects to assist with reduction of breakdowns and short stops.
- Developing/managing the engineering reporting database and ensure data accuracy and integrity for maintenance cost management.
- Working individually and within a team to minimise mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Working effectively on prioritized automation and related breakdowns.
- Interfacing with the OEM for online and remote support and ensure the connectivity is always active.
- Driving Continuous Improvement aligned to Site Goals.
- Supporting and working with the production operations team to ensure effective transfer of information and knowledge.
- Initiating, owning, and assisting with the resolution of RCAs (Root Cause Analyses) and completion of resulting actions.
- Assisting with technical projects in the factory.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- OND / HND qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering,
- 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Industry as an Automation Engineer
- Resident or willing to move to Kerang, Mangu LG, Plateau State
- Must have completed the NYSC Program
- Knowledge of Bottling line machine operation and maintenance
- Understanding of and working knowledge/ experience of S7 software, PG Asi-bus and profibus systems
- Analytical and good problem-solving skills.
- Good at information management, and interpersonal communication skills,
- Innovative and creative skills; self-confidence and integrity.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.