Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (Caritas Nigeria), a Not-for-Profit Humanitarian and development agency, established by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), to coordinate relief and social development interventions of the Catholic Church in Nigeria, Cantas Nigeria works to fight hunger, disease, and ignorance, as well as respond to humanitarian crises and emergencies by mobilizing resources from within and outside the Church to meet the basic needs of affected persons, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist (Proposal Development)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Programs Director
- The Business Development Specialist is responsible for leading and coordinating Caritas Nigeria’s fundraising and grants acquisition efforts in Nigeria.
- S/he will build the profile of Caritas Nigeria through pre-positioning, donor engagement, active response to donor proposal solicitations, and strengthening business development capacity within the Caritas family.
- S/he will oversee an annual fundraising target of $5M from institutional donors such as USAID, multi-laterals including UN agencies, and international organizations, including The World Bank Group.
Qualification, Experience, and Knowledge
- A Masters’ Degree in Communication, Information Sciences, Journalism, Marketing, from a reputable institution, is required with at least 7 years of experience in a similar role (Proposal Development).
- Past proposal development experience with a track record of winning multi-million dollar grants and working with National or International NGOs, is a must-have.
- Proficiency in program identification, design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to humanitarian and development work
- Excellent English language; oral and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills and ability to build relationships with donor agencies
- Excellent grant writer with vast experience developing complex proposals for institutional donors such as United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), European Commission (EC), Department For International Development (DFID), government departments and multilateral and international organizations like the UN agencies.
- Knowledge of the funding cycle of different donor agencies
- Familiar with the different platforms used by donor agencies, such as Grants.gov, EU AID, etc.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, internet searches, website management, and graphic design.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Familiarity with Catholic Social Teaching.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online