US President Donald Trump said early Friday he and First Lady Melania had tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!,” Trump tweeted.
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020
President Trump is “well” and will continue to perform his duties “without disruption” while quarantining along with the first lady, after both tested positive for the coronavirus, the president’s physician said.
They “are both well at this time and they plan to remain home at the White House during their convalesence,” doctor Sean Conley said in a statement.
“I expect the president to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering.”
As too many Americans have done this year, @potus & I are quarantining at home after testing positive for COVID-19. We are feeling good & I have postponed all upcoming engagements. Please be sure you are staying safe & we will all get through this together.
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) October 2, 2020
Trump said late Thursday he would go into quarantine after a top aide tested positive for coronavirus. The White House dropped a Florida campaign trip from Trump’s schedule after he tested positive for COVID-19. He had been due to hold a campaign event at Sanford airport in Florida on Friday evening but his new schedule just lists a midday phone call on “Covid-19 support to vulnerable seniors.“