Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Officer Level
Reports to: Lead, Data Engineering and Analytics
- We are searching for a talented and smart individual with a passion for the Ecommerce space to function in the capacity of Data Engineer.
- The ideal candidate should be responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and use insight to help enable business decisions.
- The Data Engineer responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities.
- The Data Engineer will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Interpreting data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Monitoring business performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or any other related field will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- 3 to 5 years proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting solutions (Power BI, Qlikview etc.), databases (SQL etc.), and ETL
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Strong coding skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Why work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Data Engineer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: All CV’ should be in word doc and/or pdf formats.