Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Procurement Subject Matter Expert (Consultant)
Employment Type: Full-time
Period: 35 days only between July and December 2021
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) wishes to recruit a talented and God-fearing Short-Term Consultant ‘Finance and procurement Subject Matter Expert (SME)’, who believes in growing and supporting local organizations, believes that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest.
- Someone who shares WEWE’s ideologies as listed below:
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To build the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) across Nigeria in the following areas:
- Financial System, operations and control
- Accounting policy development
- Budget preparation and control
- Financial Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Internal Control and Implementation
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent in any social science or related fields.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria or its equivalent.
- Evidence of carrying out Finance and Procurement capacity assessments for local Civil Society organizations (CSOs)
- Evidence of developing capacity development plans
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Finance and Procurement duties
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in Only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.