The Center for Community Health and Development International (CHAD International) is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 months
- CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations.
- CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Prepare and maintain all books of accounts in digital and hard copy, and in accordance with the Financial management principles and project standards
- In joint consultation with the project team on planned activities, prepare weekly and monthly budget projection for review and approval by the management oversight.
- Train the Project field team on financial processes and required documentations for management of project funded activities.
- Hold weekly review meetings with the project team on planned activities to ensure they are within the budget guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the project team in processing Financial requests for the budgeted project activities under the direct supervision of the management oversight team
- Prepare ahead of the submission deadlines; weekly, monthly and end of project financial retirements in accordance to the CHAD INT’L guidelines for review by the management oversight for onward action.
- Work in close consultation with Head of Finance for proper guidance on adhering to the CHAD INT’L Financing principles/ guidelines and reporting.
- Be accountable, transparent and observe integrity in all financial transactions and implement guidelines in accordance with the donors demand.
- Accountable to the management oversight
- Perform any other duties assign or asked of you that are in line with the CHAD INT’L or the donor project.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- A Degree in Accountancy or Banking and Finance from reputable university
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBook or SAP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- 5-7 years professional experience as Finance Officer
- Experience in working with NGO will be an added advantage
- Spoken and written language skills in English is required.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programmes/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the e-mail.