Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- The role will support to manage Plan Nigeria’s growing multi donor portfolio. It will support the continuous improvement of grant management processes and key performance indicators.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The position is part of the grant and compliance team and the department of Resource Mobilisation and partnerships. Reports to the Grants Advisor and liaises with various functional units.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Support the country’s resource mobilization activities.
- Support the Grants Advisor in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor funded projects and programs.
- Managing donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently and ensure quality reporting.
- Support in establishing a grants tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress and make decisions where further action is needed.
- Support proposal development process working with program staff, writing budget narratives, editing proposals, and ensure proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Ensure timely set-up of all grants in SAP system and corresponding modifications are effected.
- Ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files.
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management.
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- This role does not directly supervise any role.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least three years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Ability to support high performing teams in multi locations.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
Application Closind Date
21st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online