The Imo State Government invites applications for the position below in one of its Schools of Nursing within the state:
Job Title: Head, School of Midwifery
- The Head of Midwifery will be supported by the Deputy Head of Midwifery, to provide midwifery leadership and ensure the delivery of high-quality students.
- He / She will be saddled with the responsibility of ensuring proper understanding of patient centered services within maternity in the Women and Children’s Care Group.
- He/She will be accountable for the overall professional responsibility for the effective and efficient use of resources within the institution and contribute towards the development and delivery of the strategic midwifery agenda, to drive through change and modernization to meet the institutional objectives.
- Compliance with ethical and regulatory principles of midwifery
- Continuous maintenance of current knowledge and skills in midwifery theory and practice based on the best evidence available.
- Continuous monitoring, evaluation and assessment of programmes and students and teachers
- Continuous improvement in course design, development, teaching and midwifery practice
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as a midwife in the educational sector
- A member of relevant professional body
- Valid License in Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Experience in midwifery and training
- A good knowledge of the University system
- Knowledge of regulatory imperatives both in the educational system and the health sector
- Knowledge of how to transform strategies into concrete actions
- Knowledge of how to apply information and knowledge to support decisions
- Advanced knowledge of and understanding of contemporary practices in the higher institution and health sectors
- Knowledge of course design, development, teaching and midwifery principles and practice.
This opportunity provides competitive compensation for interested candidates with the right skill set, experience and qualification.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents (Credentials) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Please ensure your CV has your skills, experience and qualification.