Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe, besides 50 staff members subject to increase in near future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources / Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Supports HR Admin Officer in the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information.
- Works within the HR administration procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The HR Admin Assistant supports the HR Admin Officer with reports for senior management in country.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
General Human Resources tasks:
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s Operations Handbook and local HR Handbook
- Assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Support in reviewing Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security.
- Focal point for the liaison on Health Insurance matters at the Area level & serve as the focal point in scaling up with HR Team Leader
- Ensure updating of all personal staff files in the Area
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff and all documentation is on file
- Support in updating of HR reports for decision making
Compensations & benefits:
- Assist in updating, and processing the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the HR Team Leader, and ensure onward submission to HR Coordinator
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties
Development, people planning, recruitment and well-being:
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are on file for all roles)
- Support the HR Team Leader with all phases of recruitment
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction
- Support HR Team Leader to prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, HR related topics etc. as needed
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue
N.B: The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- University degree in Human Resources / Administration, Business Administration and other related discipline
- Minimum 2 year work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Thorough knowledge of HR functions
- Highly self-driven while striving for perfection under minimum supervision.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Knowledge of Dynamics, Homere or related HR platforms
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to deep field locations to support in recruitments and other admin functions.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the “Recruitment Manager”
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.