Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Actuarial and Quantitative Solutions
Employment Type: Full time
As a Manager in AQS, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to solve complex client quantitative finance related issues and contribute to market initiatives. You will:
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact.
- Supporting practice leaders by delivering on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, financial modelling, valuations and advanced analytics domains
- Supporting and leading AQS engagements, with the objective of introducing new technologies to drive efficiency.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and offering services in areas such as Solvency III, Basel III/IV, advanced analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) in quantitative finance and regulatory requirements such as IFRS 9 and IFRS 17 implementations.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador.
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track .
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Data Science or related courses (minimum of 2.1/ Upper credit)
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Qualified actuary or actuarial exams in progress with a maximum of two papers left to complete or have completed the FRM/PRM exams or a CFA charter holder.
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in actuarial services or quantitative finance.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI is an advantage. Familiarity with SAS is an added advantage.
- Relevant working experience of not less than 3 years (i.e. co-ops or internships) in a dynamic industry environment / department within a financial services company e.g. insurance company or accounting / consulting firm
- Proficiency / mastery within at least two of the following “traditional” actuarial disciplines: pricing, reserving, capital management or analytics is an added advantage.
- Ability to work within a team structure and deliver high-quality work under time constraints.
- An inquisitive, resourceful, positive mindset topped with a relentless drive to move things ahead.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization.
- We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online