Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports to: Head, Technology
Direct Reports: None
A brief overview of the role:
- Provide support in the development, implementation and assurance of strategies across the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain high quality mobile applications.
- Translate code into user-friendly apps.
- Develop functional mobile applications
- Design and build the next generation of Konga’s mobile applications.
- Implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests.
- Ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solution
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends.
Relationship – External / Internal:
- VPs and Heads of Departments – Internal
- Managers and Staff – Internal
- Software Developers, TechOps, DevOps and Network & Infrastructure Team – External / Internal
Skills and Experience
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
- Deep knowledge of mobile platforms on which the app runs, e.g., Android, iOS, etc.
- Proficiency with writing automated tests in JUnit, Espresso, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme, XCTest, etc. depending on the libraries you use to test
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking, specifically Retrofit, axios, Alamofire, etc.
- Familiarity with the JSON format
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture and the ability to choose the best solution for the app
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with push notifications
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Mobile Developer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: All CV’s should be in word doc and/or pdf formats.