Glyde Lubricants Limited – A Major player in the Lubricants industry is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: National Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- A fast-growing lubricants company is seeking to employ a National Sales Manager to manage the marketing/sales activities in the various regions of the country.
- He/she will be responsible for hiring and firing employees, motivate and train sales executives, manage employees towards achieving profitable revenue goal for the company’s growth, serves as leader and represent the company, coordinate the development in the promotion of sales and activities that promote lead generation in each region.
- Must be knowledgeable about practices relevant to direct and grassroots marketing to make sure that the sales executives in each region are well-focused and meet their goals and objectives
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies peculiar to each region
- Determine price schedules and discount rates
- Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts
- Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Negotiate and close agreements with corporate and industrial customers
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Preparation of periodical budgets and follow-up for approval on budget expenditures
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs and requests
- Liaise with the Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Coordination and supervision of the sales activities of the Regional Offices
- Developing and implementing marketing plans
- Developing and maintaining the relationship with the distributors and direct customers
- Liaising with other Heads of Department to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Formulating and reviewing marketing strategy and policy regularly
- Appraising and reporting on the performance of all sales staff
- Coordinate marketing intelligence for the company
- Adequate follow-up on customers request/needs with other departments
- Initiating and contributing to the promotional program
- Upholding the social responsibility of the company
- Coordination and preparation of annual marketing budget, allocation and implementation
- Participate in policies, procedures and programs formulation
- Carry out competitors and market analysis.
- Adequate supervision and coaching of all marketing/sales officers.
- Education Degree in Social Sciences and Marketing, Master in Business Administration (MBA Marketing), member of a professional institution will be added advantage.
- Experience: Successful 10 years of cognate experience in Lubricants Product Marketing
- Strategic management skills, relationship management skills, as well as operation leadership skills and decision analysis skills. Negotiation skills, communication skills, and analytical skills. Empirical knowledge of the industry and marketing aptitude.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time. Personal maturity is an important attribute.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle complains and make an effective decision under pressure.
- Must have a long attention span to listen to clients, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion. Must be able to relate and interact with people at all levels in the company.
- Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedules and ready to travel.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.