9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Engineer / Microwave NOC Engineer
- Handle network monitoring and surveillance, track network incidents and assist with the resolution of all network issues.
- 24/7 monitoring of active and passive network nodes (RAN, IP, Core, VAS, Transmission, Data Centre passive equipment and enterprise solutions)
- Escalation of alarms, outages, dips, degradations, and other failures to field and BO teams for support, COF, and resolution
- Follow-up with resolver teams for resolution of network faults and incidents
- Management of incident tickets (TT creation, assignment, tracking, update, and closure) within SLA
- Provision of support for troubleshooting of POF and COF for network incidents
- Provision of support for field engineers in checking current alarms and operational status to ensure they are guided appropriately in fault resolution
- Interfacing (escalation and resolution follow-up) on network faults and incidents with other service providers (Colocation service providers, lease lines and interconnect service providers, etc.)
- Provision of regular periodic updates on all network faults and incidents
- Send notifications for planned/unplanned outages to all stakeholders
- Provide operations primary point of interface for enterprise customers and partners
- Conduct initial demarcation of enterprise customers and partners complaints
- Notify customers of problems on enterprise services and provide regular periodic updates on ongoing resolution actions till service restoration
- Work with back office to ensure visibility of all network nodes
- Process access to MGWs, BSCs, Data Centres and network sites for maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Incident and Surveillance Manager.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Two (2) years post NYSC work experience.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Network Administration
- Microsoft Office suite
- Network Surveillance / monitoring tools(advantage)
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online