Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not-for-profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organizational Subject Matter Expert (Consultant)
Employment Type: Full-time
Period: 35 days staggered between July and December 2021
- WEWE desires to hire a short term consultant who believes in growing and supporting local organizations, believes that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares
- WEWE’s ideologies as listed below:
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To develop the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) across Nigeria in the following areas:
- Organization vision, mission, and core values
- Organization statutory compliance
- Strategic plan, basic policies, procedures, Office and Equipment
- CAC Registration Status and Registration with relevant state ministries
- Guide civil society organizations on how to be compliant with the regulatory framework
- Organization work plan, the process of managing change, documented knowledge of stakeholders, strong partnership management procedures, Sustainability component, etc.
- Board governance, leadership training, and succession planning
- Annual work plan development
- Knowledge on how to use organizational development assessment tools particularly in the area of Organizational development
- Knowledge on how to write a capacity development plan in the area of organizational development
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in any social science or related fields.
- Evidence of carrying out organizational capacity assessments for local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Evidence of formulating capacity development plans.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Nine (9) years’ experience in Organizational Development duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, survey development, website landing pages, and other useful software.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong report writing skills.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.