Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Potiskum, Yobe, Nigeria
Proposed Start date: June 2021
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Programmes – Nutrition and Health Entry Level
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a Pharmacist who will ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising all pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with AAH standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- This role requires field visits from time to time to deep field locations.
- Provide input for international /national orders, draw up the first draft of orders with and under the validation of the Nutrition and Health coordination team (Nutrition and Health HoD, DHOD), following the review of the projects’ standard list and finalize orders based on consumption and future needs arising from the developments in medical activities.
- Ensure timely and regular supply of medical commodities to all project sites and health facilities to avoid stock-out and interruption of ongoing activities.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) according to AAH protocols.
- Ensure that all persons in the supply team are aware of the specificities of the medical items they handle by raising their awareness/coaching/training them on quality, sensitivity, specificity and the various products’ storage conditions.
- Make regular supportive supervision to all health facilities or mobile sites being supported by Action Against Hunger using the standard checklist and provide technical support to MOH staff on standard practice, make recommendations based on the observed gaps for better programing.
- Conduct Drugs consumption analysis based on Average Monthly Consumption reports received from project teams and provide time feedback and recommendations to the teams.
- Guide and support the pharmacy assistant in carrying out his/her daily activities.
- Maintain a global overview of medical stocks in the mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy with Valid license.
- At least 2 years’ experience in stock management and clinical pharmacy.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and either Hausa or Kanuri language.
- Strong sense of organization and attention to details.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 172,695 per month
Application Closing Date
9th June 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply