Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Storekeeper – (SMC)
Location: Ngala / Rann / Banki – Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill-in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches an alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, includes: e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared, and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins, or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates, and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing them on to the supervisor.
- Interested candidates should possess an OND qualification with 1 – 6 years relevant work experience.
- Essential, secondary school. Desirable, medical-related studies.
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential local language, desirable mission working language.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2021 at 12 h 00.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.