CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Finance Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- CARE is looking for a Roving Finance Assistant that will contribute to achieving it’s goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Payment to beneficiaries/participants after trainings in field locations
- Payment to volunteers in field locations
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office
- Record all deposits received in the sub office timely.
- Manage the sub office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of First degree in Finance & Accounting or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
- Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online