Join Naijaray WhatsApp group

Woman who waited 18 years for a child dies 3 days after delivery of set of twins 747x420 1

A woman called Mrs. Chika Anthonia has reportedly died three days after the delivery of a set of Twins.

Her bereaved husband, Mr. Ediri Voghor granted the Nigerian Tribune an interview and gave background insight on how the sad news happened while wondering what would become of the set of twins his wife left behind.

‘We had our traditional wedding in 2002 and had our church wedding in 2003 at the St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Warri. From 2002, she didn’t get pregnant. During those years, we were everywhere looking for a solution. We went to different hospitals, but the doctors said nothing was wrong with us. Over the years, the fibroid was discovered and operated surgically. During the fibroid operation, there were no complications; everything went smoothly, still no child,’ he noted, fighting back the tears.

According to him, God soon answered their prayers and they got twins.

One day last year, she told me she was down with fever and had also missed her monthly flow; we went to the hospital for a test and it came out positive! We were very happy but we kept the news to ourselves. We didn’t want people to hear it from our mouths. Pregnancy is not something hidden, no matter how much you try to hide it, it will surely show one day. So, we wanted people to know by seeing it. From there, we registered for antenatal at Lily Hospital. It was in that hospital that we did a scan, and the scan showed she was carrying a baby. Oh God! I was beside myself with joy! I cannot explain the feeling I had. The joy was so much that I shed tears of joy,” he exclaimed.

READ ALSO:  Lagos SARS personnel brutalise, extort man for holding brother’s passport

Mr Voghor disclosed that on June 21, 2020, when his wife’s pregnancy was nine months old, they went to the hospital for delivery. He said during the process preceding delivery, the doctor announced that due to the fibroid operation she had once had, she would not be able to deliver normally except through caesarean section.

We went there on Sunday and by Monday, they carried out the caesarean operation to deliver the babies—a boy and a girl. I visited her after they brought her out of the theater and she was fine and happy. We talked and laughed,” he said.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that by Tuesday evening, the health of the deceased began to relapse. The deceased’s sister, who witnessed the last hours, related what happened thus: “In the evening, that Tuesday, around 8 p.m., she told me that she was not breathing well. Then I told her to sleep and face her side. Having slept that way, she was still feeling uncomfortable, then she asked me to go and call a nurse and I immediately did that. The nurse came and found out that her pulse was low, so she quickly injected her and she became calm.

READ ALSO:  Teacher gets life imprisonment for defiling his Pastor's 10-year-old daughter in Ondo

After a while, the doctor came; she complained to him that she was having serious pains and she didn’t know why. The doctor examined her and said she looked pale, then did some tests on her and found out that her blood percentage was low and she was given blood transfusion. After that, the doctor said that they would have to do some scan on her to know why her blood percentage was low. They did it and found out that she had internal bleeding. The doctor then asked her what she had eaten and she said she took water, tea, pepper soup and rice.

See photos below;

The elder sister of the deceased carrying the twins 650x430 1



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here