Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (Caritas Nigeria), a Not-for-Profit Humanitarian and development agency, established by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), to coordinate relief and social development interventions of the Catholic Church in Nigeria, Cantas Nigeria works to fight hunger, disease, and ignorance, as well as respond to humanitarian crises and emergencies by mobilizing resources from within and outside the Church to meet the basic needs of affected persons, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Human Resource
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Manager Human Resource
- The Senior Officer, Human Resource will provide administrative support to the Senior Manager, HR in relation to all Human Resource-related functions in the organization.
- This will include ensuring consistency of our approach to processes and policies and maintaining high-quality standards in Caritas Nigeria.
Qualification, Experience, and Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant field with advanced professional certification in human resource management (SPHR, GPHR, CIPD, or other HR professional certification).
- At least 4-6 years’ progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities and possess a strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and implement best practice approaches that deliver rapid, consistent, high-quality HR management and service provision in an emergency environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem-solving and decision making is needed.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required. Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Familiarity with the National and International Labor Law
- Good knowledge of HRM systems and tools is preferred.
- Understanding of humanitarian principles, codes of conduct, and ideally, specific sub-sector work linked to nonprofit field operations contexts.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online