Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Officer Level
Reports to: Head, Technology
Slot: 4 Openings
- We are searching for a talented and smart individual with a passion for the Ecommerce and FinTech space to function in the capacity of Senior Software Engineer.
- The ideal candidate should be able to provide support in the development, implementation and assurance of strategies across the enterprise.
- Design, develop and install software solutions.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing software programming initiatives.
- Communicating project statuses and proposals.
- Defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Java, Ruby on Rails or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++ or JScript.NET.)
- Build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Directing our software programming initiatives
- Overseeing the development of documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering, or another related field.
- 5 to 7 years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in an Ecommerce or FinTech. industry.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- Strong team-building skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
Why Work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Software Engineer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: All CV’s should be in word doc and/or pdf formats.