Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Job ID: 200007LC
Location: Cross River
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Field Office Manager – Ogoja
Reporting to position: Supply Chain Officer, Warehouse Assistant, Drivers
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas contaext, all posts are considered level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- This role will in line with the current global procurement policy and manual, coordinate the set up or implementation of supply chain functions and responsibilities, under the supervision of the Field Manager and SCM.
- The role will supervise and manage field supply chain staff in Ogoja office, including supply chain support to a smaller sized operation in Benue States.
- Coordination of programme supply chain needs; implement Save the children policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including areas as procurement for cost effective , transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets.
- Implement procurement planning and strategy by conducting regular market surveys of goods and services in order to establish and maintain a well-defined Supplier database.
- Collate, review and follow up on procurement plans in close collaboration with Program Managers and ensuring that all procurement plans are with clear specifications and delivery timelines
- Coordinate supplier selection and contracting activities by initiating tender processes on standard items purchased regularly with the goal to establish standard Framework Agreements/Pre-qualified suppliers and contracts with main dealers and qualified and committed suppliers.
- Support call for interests to identify new suppliers by reviewing procurement documents for correctness, transparency and full compliance with Audit and internal procedures and regulations.
- Prepare regular (monthly) supply chain activity reports (procurement, fleet, warehouse, assets) for submission to the Field Manager and Supply Chain reporting focal points in Abuja.
- Conduct market analysis to check on prices, products and suppliers and advise on best sources of supply and freighting options.
- Ensure all appropriate due diligence checks and risk assessments are carried out in line with organisational policy.
- Ensure professional management of all suppliers including maintaining good supplier relations and supplier performance review against key performance indicators and framework agreements, regularly updating this information into a global supplier database.
- Make suppliers aware of Save the Children values, policies and procedures and their need to comply as part of agreements.
- Supervise and build capacity of the Procurement Officer, Warehouse Assistant, Drivers and Interns.
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility, supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support supply chain staff including ensuring clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that procedures within the specific area of responsibility meet Save the Children and donor regulations, whether that be within a given technical sector in logistics, or a specific field base.
- Coordinate with Program Managers/Budget Holders to ensure the needed support for program implementation is given with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures, country and donor policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility:
- Assets – All assets are recorded in assets register, documentation and filing is up to date and share the updated version with CO
- Warehouse and Stock Management – all programme stocks are received in accordance with the Purchase Order specifications, properly recorded in a timely manner, preserved in mint condition, organized according to type and homogeneity and dispatched in line with program distribution plan
- Warehouse and Stock Management- all items are distributed by the end of the award
- Fleet – all vehicles within the office are performing and utilized optimally
- All generators are functioning and fuelling done in time. Log sheets filled appropriately
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Participates in the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts
Achieving results effectively:
- Accountability – ensure efficient and transparent use of resources in line with Save the Children policies and procedures
- Addresses difficult situations and makes tough decisions confidently and calmly
- Maintains focus on delivery of timely and appropriate results using available resources; identifies and acts on issues and problems in area of responsibility
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals, and monitors progress and performance
Operating safely and securely:
- Identifies and communicates risk and threats and minimises these for oneself and the agency
- Takes measures to do no harm and to minimise risks for partners and the communities
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Keeps oneself emotionally stable when helping others
- Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
- Plans prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for own work and impact of actions
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Delivers results and always acts with the beneficiaries in mind
- Anticipates current and future needs
- Tailors communication style to certain audiences
- Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education-Advanced degree in supply chain management, procurement, logistics, business administration or an equivalent field.
- Six years progressive experience in supply chain, procurement and logistics management in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- Proven experience in all technical areas of supply chain operations including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security.
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing and supervising others in logistics and procurement functions.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention e.g. Health, WASH, Food Security
- Knowledge of ERP software for supply chain management.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online