Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Specialist – Security
Job number: 1085693
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 25-50 %
Profession: Technical Sales
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities, endpoints, apps, emails, docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage, reduce risk, and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio.
- We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and credible security professional to join our global team of Technical Specialists. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
Scale Customer Engagements:
- Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently.
- Uses knowledge of customer context, solution or portfolio expertise, and technical and industry knowledge to build credibility with customers.
- Leads and ensures technical wins for core and adjacent technologies by leading technical discussions with customers and establishing rules of engagement (e.g., role boundaries, handoff strategies) for extended teams, leveraging knowledge of processes (e.g., Managed Service Provider [MSP], Managed Certified Professional [MCP]), tools, and programs (e.g., FastTrack, End Customer Investment Funds [ECIFs]). Searches for customer references to use in engagements.
- Leverages foundational knowledge of resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center [MTC] [MTC], demo sites, virtual sites) and proactively engages product teams (e.g., engineering) to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
Scale Through Partners:
- Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as liaison between the partner and team and facilitating partner resources and processes throughout the course of the project.
- Supports partner security solutions technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams (e.g., One Commercial Partner [OCP]).
- Captures core competitive knowledge and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies for assigned customers.
- Provides strategic, technical, and partner input based on Microsoft capability at the account level to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner, competitor, or open-source knowledge.
- Works with account teams to shape strategic win plan and tailor Microsoft messaging to audience using knowledge of customer feedback, specific Microsoft solutions, and their context in a competitive landscape.
Solution Design and Proof:
- Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations (e.g., architectural design sessions, and proof of concept [POC] sessions) of security products, services, and integration through initial engagements. Leverages partner/customer teams as needed to prove capabilities and integration into customer environment.
- Presents and applies architecture patterns to partners or customers and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft Solutions.
- Applies sales methodologies (e.g., challenger sales) and coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer business needs.
- Builds their own readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of architecture.
- Demonstrates new and updated products to increase internal virtual teams’ understanding of solutions and new opportunities.
- Monitors and responds to internal tech community posts, attends community calls, sessions, hackathons, etc., and acts as a mentor for their technology area.
- Embody our culture and values
- 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- Experience selling cyber security solutions to C-level executives
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 7+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting, or related experience
- 4+ year(s) experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Certification in relevant technologies or disciplines (e.g., Office 365, Power BI, Azure Architect and Development exams, Cloud Platform Technologies, Information Security, Architecture).
- Understanding of M365 E5 Security & Azure Security or related solutions
- Deep understanding of Microsoft 365 Defender (MDO, MDI, MDE, MCAS), Identity, Azure Sentinel and Azure Defender or related solutions
- Security practitioner and trusted advisor for platform security and Microsoft security solutions
- Articulate and present the business value of Security solutions to C-Level execs
Data & Analytics SSP Competency:
- Able to hunt, qualify and develop new Azure Data Services engagements across all Strategic Pillars, delivering Azure business value, and competitive positioning for Data and Analytics industry use cases to business and technical audiences.
- Host envisioning workshops for customer to demonstrate to customer the art of the possible.
- Foster long-term strategic relationships, understand key business imperatives, budget, procurement process, and define customer business cases that demonstrate business and technical value aligned to ROI expectations.
- Able to identify relevant partners, ISVs, and Services offers based on customer priorities. Identify and attach a D&AI prioritized partner to support strategy discussions.
- Proactively deliver solution demonstrations to business decision makers and orchestrate and arrange demos to technical audiences to gain customer commitment to prove out the solution through POC or business value assessment.
- Orchestrate resources to support delivering PoC and/or Minimum Viable Product and winning the technical decision. Align with partner.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.