BFree – We are a young, innovative and Nigeria’s foremost ethical debt collection startup. If you want to have fun while working in a fun environment, earn very well when you perform like a rock-star, and be part of a company where your voice matters, then Bfree is the place for you. Because we hate status-quo and we hate mediocre – we founded BFREE to revolutionize debt recovery in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer – Golang
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Full-Time
Job type: Possible partial remote
- Do you have a passion to revolutionize the credit collection industry in Africa using technology? Have you worked with APIs in Financial Technology companies?
- We at BFREE are seeking a Mid-Level – Senior Golang Engineer who is responsible for building and maintaining backend APIs and services that will be used by our series of products and tools. These APIs will need to be highly available and performant under high levels of traffic.
- Our expectation: write simple, maintainable codes using the best practices ever!
- We also need our engineers to be communicative, resourceful, fast learners, creative, and enthusiastic about using the latest technologies to create solutions that are satisfactory to our customers and clients and also multiply our overall success.
- Develop solutions by studying the organization’s information needs; our work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create features for new and existing products
- Write server-side code to integrate third-party APIs and services
- Write unit and integration tests
- Create code to interact with relational and non-relational databases
- Ensure continuous software maintenance, testing and continuous improvement to resolve issues relating to bugs
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion and also help with the technical design of other features where necessary
- Understand our business and client’s requirements
- Must be able to go to the most efficient solution and know how to take initiatives
- Must communicate effectively with other members of the development team
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Atleast 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong backend experience in developing APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data using Golang
- Must have written GO in production for atleast 1-2 years
- Prior experience using GoLand IDE and dependent plugins
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Good knowledge of version control
- Experience working with Docker, Postgres, GraphQL and cloud computing services like AWS
- A deep understanding of testing, or supporting APIs.
- A deep knowledge of best peer programming practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer
Working for a fast-growing tech-enabled ethical credit is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging and expectations are high, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer for this position:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible remote work schedule
- 20 days Annual Leave.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference
- Ability to work with some of the best minds in the start-up industry through daily interactions
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no BS, no suits, and no jerks
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Live coding Test with the CTO and 1 or 2 Senior Backend Engineer(s)
- Internal Code test review by the CTO and 1 or 2 Senior Backend Engineer(s)
- Extended interview (remote or in-person) with CTO and CPO
- Final interview with the CEO
Note: BFREE is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.