Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Applications Business Analyst
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- If you are a driven Business Analyst ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Head, Enterprise Applications, the Enterprise Applications Business Analyst will play a critical role as an IT resource responsible for delivering business value by effectively eliciting, analyzing, documenting, and verifying business opportunities, problems and requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions to meet business objectives.
- This individual will serve as a business partner to various functional areas of the Foundation by developing, nurturing, and encouraging collaborative relationships, and supporting the goals of departments through exceptional application and data support.
- The individual will have the opportunity to influence applications and data related decisions, relating to the overall IT roadmap, and impacting and shaping the larger Foundations goals.
- This person will also coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
- The Enterprise Applications Business Analyst will understand the link between technology and logistics to translate business requirements to value-added technical solutions and make recommendations to end users.
- This individual will contribute largely to the overall vision and strategy of the Enterprise Applications team by helping understand and build a solid foundation on which to scale into the future.
- This role is open to candidates in any of our country offices in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
Ways You Can Contribute
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate business solutions.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in technology, business, project managers, partners, and vendors in the process of creating and recommending business solutions.
- Ensure alignment to relevant processes and compliance to legislative and audit requirements.
- Assess, analyze, and optimize end-to-end business processes by documenting business process requirements through research, interviews, or facilitation sessions.
- Strong understanding of business process definition and re-engineering requirements.
- Assess current business processes, procedures, and rules in conjunction with business partners, designing new and mapping existing business processes.
- Compile business requirements documentation together with the business sponsor and manage the process of compiling business and functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for milestone management and logging of documents and following the appropriate SDLC.
- Understand and assist in designing best in class solutions that meet the user requirement.
- Oversee the compilation of test scripts that are compiled through testing and audit the test results.
- Provide test cases and scenarios for implemented systems, test projects and system changes in the various environments and assess current business rules, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences and / or lead user training sessions.
- Solid experience in data modelling and data warehousing (principles and methodology).
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL.
- Exposure to ETL.
- Experience in Meta data management & Data Governance.
- Exposure to SaaS applications environment is highly preferred.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Participate and contribute to a development culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends, and ideas are actively shared.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience within an applications and data warehousing environment.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving complex problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and / or increase operational efficiency.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
- Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with constantly changing priorities.
- Possess excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Ability to speak French and / or local language is an asset.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time in the future.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online