Kimberly Ryan Limited – Our client, a leading organization in the Maritime sector in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
The Learning and Development Officer is to assist the Company in fulfilling our mission by providing support in the design of a high-quality and comprehensive framework for the delivery of competency-based training, that align staff skills with the Company’s strategy and in the following:
- Design the training programme of events for the next 12 months and updating same after every appraisal cycle/strategy adjustment session.
- Propose alternative training delivery systems to meet the needs of staff, e.g. online and e-learning training courses
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning
- Develop training best practice guides.
- Coordinate plans for staff training and development, to ensure continuous learning among staff.
- Support the planning and implementation of competency-based training.
- Consult and partner with line managers/business process owners to incorporate operational/functional requirements into learning needs.
- Support the business units to ensure training effectiveness, efficiency and alignment throughout the key stages of an employee’s lifecycle, from sourcing to succession planning.
- Consult stakeholders on new training initiatives, competency objectives and material selection that align with business strategies.
- Ensure that learning objectives are met through a training evaluation process.
- Develop and manage evaluation methods and reporting metrics to support the measurement of programme effectiveness.
- Build and sustain relationships with training providers and accreditation bodies to deliver effective training activities to the business.
- Communicate with institutions/associations on a regular basis to keep abreast of trends and requirements.
- Processing the ITF re-imbursements and Certification
- BSC/HND in Management or Social Science or any related discipline from a reputable University/Polytechnic.
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Minimum of Three (3) years cumulative cognate experience in a HR/Learning & Development role
- Considerable knowledge of waste management or shipping and port operations
- Highly numerate, with good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver with minimal supervision.
- Good command of Excel
- Familiarisation and interpretation of labour rules and government regulations, policies, processes and procedures.
- Interprets and applies laws, regulations and procedures relating to employee rights and benefits.
- Computer appreciation
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Organisational structure, policies and procedures
- Organisational Operations/services
- HR Information systems
- Competency Development
- Training Administration
- HR Analytics
- Business Reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Time management and organisation skills
- Reasoning and Analytical Skills
- Any other official duties that may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Resourcefulness & Resilience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.