Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lifting Superintendent
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Organize, coordinate, and control the execution of handling and lifting activities, both performed by subcontractors and in direct hiring, ensuring the management of the interfaces with all construction disciplines and engineering departments, overseeing the availability of handling and lifting equipment and verifying that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and schedule.
- Promote safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety and quality standards are respected
- Ensure the fulfilment of the project quality and contractual requirements
- Set-up time schedule adhering to the time frame allocated to the specific scope of work
- Coordinate and organize, when in direct hiring, handling, and lifting activities to ensure correct and cost-effective performance, in accordance with the established operating programs, coordinating and controlling the activities performed by the dependent teams
- Ensure proper discipline workflow, interfacing with the project (home office and/or site/yard) organization and client
- Ensure the correct quantities accounts of the works, including updating manhours and preliminary cost estimates for scope of work changes
- Ensure the supervision and monitoring of the Handling and Lifting activities performed, subcontracted or in direct hiring.
- Coordinate human and technical resources, indicating any needs or surplus
- Ensure that execution data are recorded and maintained, during the entire Project life, according to Project Control requirements through the Project Approved tools, in order to allow the gathering of parameters
- Manage the technical and administrative documentation
- Create and keep updated the lifting and handling equipment register with all the necessary information: certification, maintenance, color coding, etc.
- Ensure that lifting activities are covered by lifting plans where applicable
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Science or its equivalent.
- Minimum of about 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Advanced rigging and lifting level 2
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online