Turing.com connects world-class remote software engineers with world-class companies. 100+ companies, including those backed by Google Ventures, Andreessen, Founders Fund, Kleiner, and Bloomberg, have hired Turing developers. Over 300,000 developers from across 140+ countries have chosen Turing as their preferred platform for landing remote jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PHP / Laravel Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an expert PHP developer who will be responsible for developing web applications using Laravel Framework. You will be required to write server-side logic, develop back-end components, collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with the application. You will also be responsible for connecting the application with the other third-party web services and integrate plugins for popular frameworks.
- Design, build and maintain innovative PHP applications
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team to create compelling user experiences
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Write clean, secure, maintainable, testable, and modular codes
- Design and maintain databases
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience in PHP development (we make rare exceptions if you are highly skilled)
- Proficiency in common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Expert understanding of Laravel framework and experience building factories/facades/libraries using abstract classes, interfaces, and traits
- Hands-on experience in unit testing using testing frameworks like PHPUnit/phpspec
Experience with RESTful API design
- Fluency in English and the communication skills to effortlessly collaborate with engineering managers at US software companies
- The ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) concurrently with US time zones for a minimum of 4 hours/day
- Working knowledge of version controlling systems like Git
- Good understanding of SQL/NoSQL databases, query optimization techniques, and Relational databases
- Working knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with APIs and third-party libraries
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
How to Become a Turing Developer
- Click on the link above to create your account
- Fill in your basic information (name, number, location, previous salary, experience, etc.)
- Solve multiple-choice questions
- Schedule a technical interview
- Final Onboarding.