The Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN ) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: IT Officer/Systems Administrator
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan, Zaria
JOB OBJECTIVE: To maintain the Centre’s Management Information Systems and to advise on matters relating to Information and Communication Technology.
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements of the Centre.
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, faculty, staff and students of the Centre and host university.
- Ensure the availability, performance and security of IT systems and applications at the Centre.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Perform systems, network, communications and data base management and administration.
- Set up, configure and maintain computer systems and issue password and login.
- Prepare tender specifications and advise on the selection of computer hardware and software, as required.
- Co-ordinate repairs and preventive maintenance of hardware and systems software.
- Provide inputs to the design, development, implementation and updating of the website of the Centre of Excellence.
- Carry out internal audits of the quality systems of the Centre.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment ,including managing personnel
- Minimum of a Second-Class honours degree in Computer Science/Management Information Technology
- Possession of NYSC Discharge certificate