The Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN ) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan, Zaria
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide a range of library services that meet the learning, information, leisure, and cultural needs of students and to provide teaching staff with appropriate
curriculum/teaching support material.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain library strategies and policies in consultation with students and staff that fully reflect the educational aims and
- objectives of the Centre of Excellence.
- Select, maintain and manage all resources and stock within the library facilities.
- Guide and assist students and teaching staff to make the best use of the library services and facilities within the Centre and host universities.
- Maintain a high level of resource awareness in relation to relevant courses and subject areas and support teaching staff in the effective delivery of the curriculum.
- Liaise with teaching staff to develop a stock selection policy that ensures the provision of relevant resources to cover all areas of the curriculum, and abilities.
- Participate in the planning and development of programmes for information handling skills and literacy within the CoE and contribute actively to the delivery of such programmes.
- Develop and deliver induction training and other training programmes for new and
- existing users of the library services and facilities.
- Stage displays of materials to highlight current affairs, topical issues and particular aspects or areas of the curriculum.
- Promote library services across the Centres and encourage students and teaching staff to make use of library resources effectively.
- Assist with archiving and displaying information and materials.
- Ensure that students and staff are familiar with the use of enquiry and circulation features of the library management systems.
- Arrange library resources and materials in a way that promotes effective retrieval, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library
- resources and materials. Disseminate information relating to resources to pupils and teaching staff as appropriate.
- Carry out the routine procedures associated with the ordering, receipt and distribution of materials and the payment of invoices.
- Prepare materials and collections for use, distribution or disposal.
- Carry out routine procedures associated with the request system and inter-library loans.
- Set up and reorganise library facilities as required, including moving and
- reorganising stock, materials and resources.
- Design and implement library technologies (library management system, subject/research guide system, electronic resources management) to enhance library services.
- Develop electronic collection for the centre comprising eBooks, e-journals, databases, data and statistical sources to enable users access current scholarly
- resources remotely.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Honors Degree in Library Science. A Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Work experience – five years minimum