UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager, Swan
Location: Kerang, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for establishing, planning, and ensuring the execution of acceptable standard of engineering maintenance practice for the plant, machinery, vehicles, and facilities, making them available for optimum utilization, and efficiency.
You will be accountable for:
- Ensuring safe working environment by emphasizing safety, taking all necessary precautions in material handling, tools handling and enforcing compliance in the use of safety gadgets.
- Planning and implementing an effective maintenance schedule for the plant and machinery to ensure that they are available for optimum utilization.
- Developing work instructions and procedures to standardize maintenance methods and leading the Engineering team in implementation.
- Planning, controlling, and coordinating all utility activities in SWAN factory to ensure those services such as power, compressed air, water (borehole) and cooling systems are always available for smooth production operations.
- Planning and implementing day-to-day maintenance activities of the factory line equipment, to achieve minimum agreed line OEE.
- Managing maintenance cost to budget and stretch targets.
- Drawing up plans for routine maintenance and annual overhauling and carry out the maintenance and repairs of factory machineries, using own staff or outside contractors.
- Ensuring that spare parts are available in their specification and optimum quantity and initiates replacement as the need arises.
- Promoting good manufacturing practice by inculcating standard hygienic practices in the maintenance team.
- Carrying out downtime analysis on weekly basis to address priority areas.
- Monitoring generator fuel consumption to check abnormal situations.
- Coordinating all maintenance activities ensuring prompt and proactive response to breakdowns.
- Preparing engineering daily, weekly, and monthly summary report to include equipment performance and cost monitoring.
- Ensuring that all site facilities are always kept in good working condition and proper illumination of the premises and production areas.
- Ensuring that undue breakdown of utility equipment is less than 2% of running time.
- Ensuring maintenance of the equipment is done in accordance to manufacturers recommendations.
- Keeping abreast of current developments in the industry to enhance his job performance.
- Ensuring security and safety of utility equipment within the factory.
- Assisting with technical projects in the factory.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- 8 years experience in a Manufacturing Industry particularly in maintenance management and asset care
- Resident or willing to move to Kerang, Mangu LG, Plateau State
- Must have completed the NYSC Program
- Knowledge of Engineering practices and Business Process design
- Sound knowledge in Automation- Asi-bus and profibus systems, and use of PG for AFF
- Keen troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good at information management, and interpersonal communication skills
- Innovative and creative skills; self-confidence and integrity
- Good at customer management
- Membership of NSE or COREN will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.